Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Marion Jones signed by Tulsa Shock, other athletes follow suit via twitter

Published March 10, 2010
By CHRIS THORBURN


Disgraced former fastest lady in the world Marion Jones signed with the WNBA's Tulsa Shock today being granted a second chance as an athlete following her imprisonment. News of Jones' signing, who played for the North Carolina Tar Heels during the mid Nineties and was the point guard for 94 national team, has apparently inspired other athletes to make switches. We have a slew of press flooding in from agents and PR teams, but it looks like the bulkhead is coming off on this new trend in sports. Here are some excerpts from twitter:

KevinDurant35: Is joining the Lumber Liquidators PBA! Coach said its cool since events are on sundays, who wants to sponsor my balls?

OGOchoCinco: Just got signed to do ESPN First Take. I'm comin for that MFer Skip Bayless

TheRealTroyAikman: @OGOchoCinco Do it baby, someone needs to put Skip in his place!

TheRealShaq: is excited to soon be the Most Dominant Driver, Nascar will be renamed Shaqscar.

TimDuncan21: still has no opinion.

DwightHoward: Woooooot, USA Volleyball said I can be on da team! Wait, do i have to wear knee high socks?

GatoradeCorporation: We got lots of sponsorship $$$ now, who's interested?

KevinDurant35: @GatoradeCorporation Sponsor my balls!

NikeCorporation: @GatoradeCorporation lol, you gotta diversify your sponsorships...

Therealshaq: @GatoradeCorporation I gots space on my car, you intrested?

Johndailyrawks: @GatoradeCorporation iminterestedinyouroffer,doyoumakedrinkswithalcoholsss?

CoachBillParcells: I have a new sporting venture, details to follow once it's concrete.

ArrrghImapirate (Leach): Parcels and I are starting our own college football league, take that NCAA.

CoachBillParcells : @ArrrghImapirate shit.

TherealArod: Joining The New York Ballet (yay pirrouetts!) still doin the tennis thing on the weekends though, btw anyone want to buy my house?

NoImtherealarod: @therealarod Damnit Andy give me my name back, how the hell are you so good at computer hacking?

Therealarod: @NoImtherealarod lots of free time on tour, not as many vancouver strip clubs in europe ya know?

ITSTIGERBITCHES: Eh why fight it, I'm signing a long term contract with Vivid Video. No questions.





2 comments:

  1. It's interesting to hear what other athletes are saying about this news. Very few, if any, ex-Olympic track stars have attempted to play in a major sports league. I hope she has a successful career in the WNBA. If Jones is able to help the Shock win a championship, I still don’t think it will ease the pain she suffered when she was stripped of the five medals she won at the 2000 Summer Olympic Games in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These twitter posts crack me up. Very funny.

    P.S. Marion Jones was actually in adidas @ the outlet mall last week buying basketball shoes! No joke. She was in town for the Final Four.

    ReplyDelete