Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Phil Mickelson caught cheating?

Published February 2, 2010
By GORDON TAYLOR and CHRIS THORBURN

Scott McCarron, who has been critical of Phil Mickelson's use of golf clubs that have grooves on them that no longer conform to PGA and USGA standards, yet are still legal to use because they are grandfathered in.

"I didn't call Phil a cheater," McCarron said. "I said using those clubs is cheating and that people who cheat are dirty rotten bastards, it's not the same."

McCarron is planning to continue to voice his displeasure about Mickelson and others continuing to use the controversial clubs.

"I'm like O.J. Simpson, I will not rest until these people are brought to justice," McCarron said referencing the acquitted wife murderer.

No word yet on whether or not the Tigerless PGA brass put McCarron into talking smack to Mickelson.

Final Thought: In other news former PGA Tour golfer Lee Trevino issues a similar quote.

"I'm not saying Tiger is a cheater," said Trevino on his blog shootermcgavinaintgotshitonme.com, "I'm just saying that people who work out more than I do have an unfair advantage and are dirty rotten bastards, but Tiger is not a cheater."

No comments:

Post a Comment